Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Quick One (While He's Away): My Video and Editing Software Response

Well the time has set ladies and gentlemen. A project that I have been working on is nearly complete and now it's time to be interviewed on how my work is going. I've selected two question out of the interview to show you how it all went down. Here we go.

1. How was your experience with the Olympus digital camera? How did it compare with other still or video cameras you have previously used? Were you able to successfully implement your Image Capturing Strategies using the features of this camera? In an ideal world, how would your still/video camera of choice function?

-It was actually an experience, I've never used the video selection on a digital camera before. I think that's because I kinda find it pointless to when I could just use a camera. But now that I've used it it seemed to work just fine just no audio. I still think my JVC vido camera does better quality work, but I don't think that that was the point of this. I was able to capture a lot of material on the camera but I wish it had better battery performance, the video would just drain the batteries so fast. All my footage came out pixilated too so I had to corperate that with my movie. I guess if I had to have a choice of function, we could totally use very inexpensive video cameras, but I think I'm just saying that so I feel more as a filmmaker instead of a photographer. I don't know.

2. Discuss your choice of video-editing software and describe your history with this software. If you used this software for the first time, explain why you chose this particular application and how you think it helped you to accomplish your creative goals (or proved detrimental).
Will you use this software again for future projects?

- I used regular iMovie because I was familiar with it and had really no other editting software to use. I could have used Quicktime but.......well no. I did my highschool film thesis (I guess you could call it that) on iMovie and as of right now I trust it the most. I don't have money to invest in Fianlcut Pro or something. I think I will plan to keep using iMovie unless I have easy access to a computer that has otherwise because it would be nice to know how to make movies using finalcut Pro before I go out and waste 300 dollars. iMovie is easy and very generic and I'm not a fan of too many special effects so I'm not tempted on fancy techniques.

No comments: